History of directgov.uk and how it has changed into .GOV.uk.
On this website we will be showing all the different types of services the government provides for the public, and to give you an insight into how the government runs.
- Benefits entitlement- this will include how payments are made, benefits calculator and benefit fraud.
- Family benefits-this includes childcare and the sure start maternity grant and also child trust funds.
- Â disability benefits-This will tell how much you could be entitled to for disability living allowance and Employment and support allowance
- Child benefits-information about eligibility, claiming and when child benefit stops
- Armed forces- Includes reserve forces, benefits and financial assistance.
- Finding a job-Jobseeker's Allowance, apprenticeships and job offers
- Your rights at work- This will include health and safety, accidents at work etc
- Personal and workplace pensions- Includes automatic enrolment, lost pensions and also planning for your retirement.
- Capital Gains tax- Tax when you sell a property, shares, personal items and business assets.
- Income Tax- Includes rates and allowances, taxes and also tax codes etc
- National Insurance- Voluntary contributions and credits, numbers and classes
- VAT-Â Including online returns, rates and record keeping etc.
- Debt and bankruptcy- Including recovering debts, registering for bankruptcy and as a creditor
- Apprenticeships for those aged between 14 to 19- this includes finding you a course, finding an apprenticeship, 16 to 19 Bursary Fund.
- Student Finance- Including loans, bursaries, grants and paying back loans.
- Higher education and universities- Finding you a course, comparing qualifications and checking a university is recognised
- School admissions and transport to school- Applying for a school place, home schooling and travel costs
- living abroad- Includes tax, state pension, benefits and UK government services abroad
- Passports- Eligibility, fees, applying, renewing and updating
- Travel abroad- This includes the latest travel advice by country, your rights at the airport and getting help abroad
- Courts, sentencing and tribunals- Attending courts, paying fines, appealing a Sentence, jury service
- prisons and probation- this includes sentencing, probation and support is given to the families of prisoners
- Young people and the law- Including your legal rights, youth offender’s institute and crime prevention.
- Your rights- this includes being arrested, cautions, discrimination and consumer rights.